Stormy Says, "I love my dog Spike!"
Places to Know
Virginia Dog Parks in Fairfax County:
- Baron Cameron at 11300 Baron Cameron Avenue, Reston
- Blake Lane at 10033 Blake Lane, Oakton
- Chandon at 900 Palmer Drive, Herndon
- Quinn Farm at 15150 Old Lee Road, Chantilly
- Mason District at the intersection of Alpine Drive and Pinecrest Parkway, Annandale
- South Run at 7550 Reservation Drive, Springfield
Animal Services Division Including Adoption and Foster Parenting for Animals
Volunteering at the shelter
Rules to Know
All residents in Fairfax County who own a dog more than four months old must have a license for their pet. It is a criminal offense to fail to obtain a dog license from the county. The annual cost is about $10 and licenses can be obtained by mail or in person. Only renewals are accepted on-line. Before a license is issued, an up-to-date rabies vaccination certificate must be presented with the application and proof of spaying or neutering. For more details about obtaining a license for your dog see the web page at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dta/dog_licenses.htm. Application forms can be downloaded from the county web site. The Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration can be reached by calling 703-222-8234 TTY 711. The office is located at 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 223, Fairfax, VA. 22035 and is open week days from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.